Lactose free milk

18:30 Unknown 0 Comments

Recently Albert Heijn started to sell lactose free milk and yogurt. Since I am lactose intolerant living in a country full of cows and where people drink milk for breakfast, lunch and dinner; and I was starting to get sick and tired of soy milk and since they usually add sugar to soy milk to make it drinkable, I was really happy. But it got me thinking, what is in this carton of milk that makes it lactose free?

After some quick research, thankfully, I found out that the ingredients are pretty much the same as regular milk. The only difference is that an enzyme is added to the milk to break down the lactose into compounds, which lactose intolerant people can easily digest.

So now I am off to my nearby uncle AH to get my top up of milk. Lactose Free.

0 comments :