How many types of pasta does Barilla make?

23:22 Unknown 0 Comments

Here I am in Madonna di Campiglio where the sun is shining, the scenery is breathtaking and the food is great. What's there not to love.

On arrival, we dropped into the local supermarket to stock up on food since we are staying in a self catering apartment. Wandering through the supermarket while looking in amazement at the wide selection available in such a tiny space, I came across the pasta aisle. I had to stop.

We are not talking about how many brands here. I am talking about the number of shapes available under a single brand Barilla. The shelves were stocked with blue boxes, each containing a different shape of pasta, each with it's own number. For instance spaghetti is number 5.



I tried to find out many types of pasta does Barilla currently makes and to my horror, Google doesn't have the answer. The closest I came to was a poster designed in the 50s with the various types of pasta and their numbers accordingly. Interestingly, the pasta featured on this poster only have odd numbers. Also number 53 which I saw on the shelves here is not on this poster.

So I guess the question is how many types of pasta does Barilla now manufactures?

0 comments :