Coffee coffee. How to maintain your moka.

21:31 Unknown 0 Comments

I like my coffee. I don't really like those fancy espresso machines. I particularly don't like Nespresso because I don't think the coffee is good. Of course that's just me. So if you are a Nespresso lover, please do not take offence.

I trust my Bialetti. Talking to the Italian intern, I recently found out that you are not supposed to wash your moka with detergent. Did you know that? Apparently, it is a sin to do that. He was explaining to me that the coffee brewed from the same moka will get richer with time. That's if you don't wash it with soap after each round. So just rinse it with water and scrub off the bits of coffee and that's it. Also the moka is as personal to an Italian as a hair brush. They take it everywhere with them even if they are going to their summer home.

Anyway after hearing this, I felt a stronger connection to my Bialetti. Strange...






0 comments :