Do you dislike salmon?

20:45 Unknown 0 Comments

I am not a big salmon fan. I only like salmon when it comes in the form of sashimi, raw. There is something about cooked salmon that puts me off. I can't quite put my finger on it. But tonight I thought I would give it a chance. I found a recipe from Good Food which I thought was really good. The recipe calls for asparagus, but you can replace it with any other stalk vegetable like long beans or stem broccoli.

Asian style salmon with long beans and rice for 2

Ingredients
2 filet of salmon, about 150g each
Ginger, cut into strips of about 1 inch long. About 16 strips
Handful of long beans, cut into length of 10cm
1 Tbsp of sesame oil
1 Tbsp of olive oil
1 cup of thai rice or long grain rice

Marinade
3 Tbsp of soy sauce
1 Tbsp of honey
1 Tbsp of Sherry
1 crushed garlic clove


  1. Mix the ingredients for the marinade together and chill the fish in the marinade for at least half an hour.
  2. Prepare the rest of the ingredients. Fry the ginger strips until crispy and set aside on a kitchen towel
  3. Steam the long beans. Mix the sesame oil with the olive oil and toss in the steamed long beans.
  4. Cook the rice with water. For the best way to cook rice, use a rice cooker. If not you can read my other post on how to properly measure the proportion of water and rice without a rice cooker.
  5. Saving the marinade, fry the fish on both sides for about 3-5 minutes.
  6. Heat the marinade separately to reduce the sauce.
  7. Serve the fish on the bed of long beans with the rice on the side. Pour the sauce over the fish and garnish with the fried ginger.
Sorry the photo looks really strange because I started eating when I remembered to take the photo.






0 comments :