Taste of home in Zurich

10:07 Unknown 0 Comments

Since there is not a single Singaporean or Malaysian restaurant in Amsterdam, we are always on the hunt for one when we travel. This weekend C and I decided to make use of the long weekend and come to Zurich. It shouldn't be such a surprise when I tell you I went to a Malaysian restaurant.

The place is Teoh. Not far from Bahnhofstraase, tucked in one of the side streets called Backerstraase, it is a small family run eatery. There are a couple of online reviews about the place on trip advisor. Some say it is average Penang hawker food at Swiss prices, while some others say that it is the best Penang hawker food they have tried outside Malaysia.

So here's my verdict. I had hor fun and the taste is right. It is not the best I've had, but it is definitely the best outside Singapore. There is nothing special about the taste, but just being able to have a bite of home after a long time of eating European cuisine makes it special. And if you ask me, am I willing to pay 20 CHF for it? Definitely.

For like minded folks who would like to try the place, here is the address:
Teoh
Bäckerstrasse 37, 
8004 Zürich, Zwitserland

0 comments :