Missing in action

18:34 Unknown 0 Comments

I realised that my last post was in May! Time really flies when you are busy. For some of you who don't know, C & I moved to London in September. We were busy getting ready for the move from June onwards. Since then I enrolled in culinary school and have been cooking up a stir in the kitchen. Well, at least I would like to think that I have been.

Being halfway through the semester, I am not sure if standing 15 hours in kitchen is the kind of career I am pursuing. I am at a dilemma right now. However I did take out some invaluable lessons:

  1. I will look at a hot plate of food with a deeper level of appreciation. It is very much like what you see on Masterchef. The pressure to get everything right at the very last minute is much bigger than I ever thought it will be. Rightfully so as customers will not be happy if their food arrive cold or on a dirty plate.
  2. I will appreciate every julienned or evenly diced vegetables in future.
  3. Cooking does require a great deal of common sense. Switch off your brain for one minute and you could burn your onions.
  4. Hence, in my opinion, the kitchen is probably one of the most dangerous place to be.
  5. Nevertheless, when my food is good, the person getting the bigger satisfaction is me, not the person eating it.

Good night for now. I am exhausted.


0 comments :