Great restaurant - completely unexpected

17:22 Unknown 0 Comments

Every now and then, C and I will pass a new place and think to ourselves 'we must try this place.' After a while, we accumulated so many, but never actually remember to go to one of these places. Instead we always go back to our favorite hunts. This changed last week when our friends K and R also wanted to try a new place. We decided on Azur Bleu on Hugo De Grootplein after browsing through their website which was very simple, not giving any clues apart from "Catalan, French, Spanish."

The place looks quite simple. White walls with industrial styled lighting and furnishing. They do not have a complicated menu. But what's strange was they had a section called starters and a section called appetizers. I thought these 2 were the same. After some debate, we concluded that they perhaps used to have a 4 course dinner of which customers could choose from one of each section. Still, it was odd.

Anyway long story short, the food was heavenly. I had pate with  fig for starters and it just melted in my mouth. For my main course, I had a pan fried fish that was done to perfection. What's really delicious was the little bed of vegetables which I really can't translate with little shrimps.

This place will become a regular of ours.

Azur Bleu
Hugo de Grootplein 13
1052 KV Amsterdam
http://azurbleu.nl/



0 comments :