Baking workshops in Amsterdam

14:37 Unknown 0 Comments



Last week, C & I stumbled upon a new patisserie on Haarlemmerstraat. It was one of those moments when you feel like buying everything in the shop. However what really caught my eye was the brochure saying "atelier". This little shop also conducts 2 hour workshops to make little french tarts so while C was away skiing, I decided to sign myself up for the Friday session on macaroons!

The classes are conducted in both English and Dutch. They provided all the ingredients and you get to bring home your creations. For me, the cherry on the cake was the apron which you get to keep!

To be honest, I don't quite get why macaroons are so expensive. Yes it is difficult to get each one to same size and perhaps the ingredients are expensive; but after 2 hours I went home with a box of vanilla, pistachio, raspberry and chocolate macaroons. So if I could do it, I am quite convince the Sprüngli's of this world is overcharging a little.

A tray of vanille macaroonsPistachio macaroons in the making

Anyway Petit Gâteau is the name if you are interested. The owner used to work in a Michelin star restaurant and after returning to The Netherlands decide to open the patisserie. They even have plans to open one in Singapore!

They have a weekly schedule. So do check them out.

Petit Gâteau
Haarlemmerstraat 80
1013 EV Amsterdam

0 comments :