My other guilty pleasure - Instant noodles

02:17 Unknown 0 Comments

Despite my love for fresh home-cooked meals, I must admit that instant noodles have a small place in my pantry. It is quite a guilty pleasure. Almost like chocolates. All the various Es' and chemicals in one packet that satisfies that midnight crave in ten minutes.

I haven't tried them all which explains why I still have most of my hair (there is a myth that eating too much instant noodles will give you cancer and makes you lose your hair). But I do like a couple:

1) Prima Taste Singapore Curry Noodles
The portion is very generous. You can easily share a packet with a friend. It does take more than 10 minutes to cook but when done well, it is almost the real deal. What I love most about it is that the manufacturer finally understood that pots are not square. Their dried noodles are shaped into a round patty instead of a square patty and it fits easily into a pot without having to crack it into pieces. So your noodles remain in long strands. How clever!
Photo sourced from foodology.ca


2) Indomie Mee Goreng
This is my all time favorite. I remembered my dad used to bring home cartons from Indonesia when he was working there. These days they have many variations of it: extra spicy, chicken flavor, rendang flavor etc. I like the original.

Photo sourced from Amazon

3) Nissin Cup Noodle
I ate too many of them during my university years. Just add hot water and you are done! My favorite is the chicken flavor. It comes with dehydrated corn and spring onions, adding some luxury to the otherwise unhealthy and boring cup of soup noodles.
Photo sourced from Google



4) Myojo Mee
Anyone who grew up in Singapore in the 80s would remember their advertisement and jingle. I honestly don't remember how they taste. I just love their marketing campaign.



Anyway to round off this post, while googling for the various images off the internet, I found out that there is a blog (www.theramenrater.com) that reviews instant noodles all around the world! I wonder if the reviewers still have a full head of hair. Nevertheless I am proud that Prima Taste is in the top 10!

0 comments :